Terms & Conditions
For outside catering events and catering services to be provided by Event Catering Group Ltd, (‘company’ or ‘we’)
To cater for your forthcoming event and accept the costings and services in your catering package in conjunction with the terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions apply to the catering package/quote and will act as a contract between the Company ‘Event Catering Group Ltd’ and the client (stated and hereinafter referred to as ‘you’, ‘your’). These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Prices and Services
1. All prices listed are exclusive of VAT, except where stated.
2. If the rate of VAT increases, Event Catering Group Ltd reserve the right to increase the total cost of the event by the amount specified by the government, on events already booked.
3. Prices based on guests quoted and may vary if these change. We reserve the right to amend the quote in line with these changes.
4. If the number of guests attending exceeds the numbers originally booked, and we are able to cater for them, we will charge, at the prevailing rate, for the greater number.
5. If the number of guests in attendance on the day are fewer than expected you shall still be charged for the number of guests quoted in your final catering package.
6. Final numbers of guests must be notified to us in writing no later than 14 days prior to the event where any changes will be reflected in the balancing payment.
7. Travel charges apply.
8. Unless agreed otherwise in writing the only services that the
Company agrees to provide to you are the services specified in your catering package which you have agreed to.
9. Our contract with you for the provision of services will be entered when you pay your deposit invoice and therefore agree with the catering package.
10. Event Catering Group Ltd is not responsible for the safe keeping of clients’ valuables, personal belongings and gifts and we recommend that all personal items are taken home with you at the end of your event.
11. Event Catering Group Ltd cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to clients’ wedding cakes.
The Company reserves the right to charge (including for any
applicable increased or overtime rates) more for staffing costs
should any function run on longer than initially planned or detailed in the catering package through no fault of the Company or the caterers.
1. 50% Deposit must be paid in cleared funds before your booking is confirmed.
2. The balance of the price will be due 5 days prior to the event unless a credit arrangement has been made.
3. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, payment cards and BACS Transfer.
4. Please make cheques payable to Event Catering Group Ltd and send to Event Catering Group Ltd, Unit 1, Island Farm Avenue, Molesey Industrial Estate, West Molesey, Surrey KT8 2UZ
5. The Company reserves the right to charge interest (at the higher of 8% and the rate specified from time to time in the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Act on late payments).
6. Gratuities are at your discretion.
Event Catering Group Ltd reserves the right to cancel any function or event for any of the following reasons:
a) If the client or Event Catering Group Ltd becomes insolvent or enters into liquidation or receivership.
b) If the event may prejudice the reputation or cause damage to Event Catering Group Ltd.
In any of these situations Event Catering Group Ltd will refund any payments made in advance but will have no further liability to the client.
The following cancellation charges will be applied, which reflect the costs and expenses we may incur on your behalf as the function date nears, and the reduced time available to us to obtain any alternative bookings:
1. Cancellation more than 60 days prior to the event a charge of 25% of the full charge will be applied or a full credit to the next available date convenient to both parties.
2. Cancellation of less than 60 days prior to the event a charge of 50% of the full charge will be applied or a credit of 50% of the full charge will be applied if you rebook / transfer the next available date convenient to both parties
3. Cancellation of less than 30 days prior to the event a full charge of the event will be applied or a credit of 25% of the full charge will be applied if you rebook / transfer the next available date convenient to both parties
4. Cancellation 10 days or less and the event date – you will owe us 100% of the total package price.
All cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Only once written
cancellation is received will the cancellation become effective.
1. Whilst every effort will be made to ensure the accuracy of quotations, prices quoted only become binding once agreed in your
catering package and once the terms and conditions come into
force. It is the price quoted in your catering package which must
be paid in full, however, the Company reserves the right to charge
more for the food to be provided and / or for labour in the event that the cost of such items increases between the time of entering into the contract and the time of the event. In this case the price increase will only be the amount of additional cost directly incurred by the Company and any price change will be notified to you in writing as soon as possible, and in any case, prior to the event.
2. Range and availability of all goods and ingredients are offered subject to availability. If an item becomes unavailable or is of insufficient quality to be provided for your function, we reserve the right to make a substitution. Wherever possible the client will be notified of any changes.
3. Event Catering Group Ltd are passionate about serving food at high standards in line with the Food Hygiene Regulations 2006 which states that buffets are consumed within two hours and after which time will be removed from service. Any person subsequently consuming food, or taking food home for consumption, does so at their own risk. Event Catering Group Ltd cannot accept responsibility for food consumed otherwise than at the location at which the food is supplied, or after the initial two hour period.
4. Food allergies and intolerances: Our menus contain items with food allergies. Special diets for food allergies will be catered for only if they have been arranged prior to your event and confirmed in writing. If you wish to know more about our ingredients, please speak to your Event Coordinator / Chef.
Limitation of liability
1. Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this
agreement including deliberate breaches is strictly limited to the
contract package price and any losses which are a foreseeable
consequence of us breaking the agreement. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us.
This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
(a) for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
(b) under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
(c) for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
(d) for any deliberate breaches of these terms by us that would
entitle you to terminate the contract between us.
(e) for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude,
or attempt to exclude, our liability.
2. We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us including but not limited to:
(a) loss of income or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of profits or contracts;
(d) waste of management or office time however arising and
whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
1. Any equipment lost or damaged by you or any guest will be
charged at the full replacement cost.
2. Additional charges may apply for the hiring of site kitchens and
specialist equipment and, if so these will be stated in your catering
3. Reasonable access to the area of the event is required in order to deliver and collect our equipment. This will include the use of lifts to upper and lower floors, the use of loading bays and vehicular access.
It is strongly recommended that clients arrange adequate Event
& Cancellation Insurance to protect against cancellation, costs,
damage, public liability.
Event Catering Group Ltd cannot be held responsible in any way for any unsuitable weather conditions that may arise. The normal
cancellation fee will be applicable in these situations.
Any complaints must be received in writing within 7 days of the event
Limitation of Liability and indemnity
The Company shall not be liable for events beyond its control or
for indirect or consequential loss or damage, and the Company’s
maximum liability (whether in Contract Tort or otherwise) shall
not exceed the price paid for the services and the client shall
indemnify the Company in respect of any loss or damage to the
Company or its property that is caused by the client.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the Laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Any notice shall be in writing, including by email, to the recipient’s email address as provided herein or otherwise as provided to the other party from time to time. Event Catering Group Ltd
Registered number: 10037832
Registered office address (Not Postal Address): The Barn, Golden Square, High Street, Henfield, West Sussex BN5 9DP
Please feel free to contact us for further information:
Office: 0800 247 1789
Address: Event Catering Group Ltd, Unit 1, Island Farm Ave, Molesey Industrial Estate, West Molesey, Surrey KT8 2UZ